Health Benefits of Murray Cod
Seafood is the ultimate health food! It is known to contain plenty of Omega-3 fatty acids, which have been proven to be an extremely healthy part of a person's diet. One serving per day provides 60% of a person's daily protein requirements. The heart foundation recommends eating fish twice per week. One of the main reasons it is so important to obtain Omega-3 through eating fish is because the body cannot manufacture essential fatty acids on its own.
Marianvale Blue Murray Cod is produced under the most stringently controlled and regulated environments. This ensures that our fish contain no hormones, additives or antibiotics. Our Murray Cod is rich in Omega-3 and is a fantastic source of protein. For instance, a 150 gram serve of Marianvale Blue Murray Cod provides between 250 and 300 mg EPA+DHA per serve.
Extensive research indicates that omega-3 fats reduce inflammation, helping to prevent inflammatory diseases like heart disease and arthritis. In addition to warding off inflammation, omega-3’s are also essential to the brain, impacting behavior and cognitive function, and are especially necessary during fetal development. According to the University of Maryland Medical Center (UMM), omega-3’s may also:
- Improve artery health
- Improve cholesterol by lowering triglycerides and elevating HDL (good cholesterol) levels. These benefits come primarily from DHA and EPA.
- Improve joint health by reducing joint tenderness and stiffness associated with arthritis and osteoarthritis.
- Improve bone health by positively impacting the body's calcium levels, reducing the incidence of bone loss.
- Improve mental health by helping to insulate nerve cells in the brain, allowing these nerve cells to better communicate with one another. People who are deficient in omega-3’s may suffer from depression, bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, eating disorders, and ADHD.
- Improve skin health by helping to alleviate symptoms related to skin disorders like acne and psoriasis.
- Improve bowel health by reducing inflammation of the bowels, helping alleviate symptoms of Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis.
- Improve lung health by reducing inflammation in diseases like asthma.
- Improve menstrual health by reducing the pain associated with PMS and menstruation.
- Help prevent cancer. Colon, breast, and prostate cancers have all been correlated with low intakes of omega-3's.
Fine dining in Australia has become one of the fastest growing industries in the past few years. People are devoting more of their scarce time to the enjoyment of dining out, specifically that of healthy produce. Murray Cod combines an exquisite taste with important health benefits making it one of the greatest pleasures in life.
Our fully sustainable and eco-friendly production system ensures that healthy produce is our number one priority in keeping with the increasing “Clean Green” consumer demands.